Melodic Net got a long update-mail from Geoff Byrd the other day. It contained so much info and great updates so we?ll publish it all... If you havent discovered this amazing artist, it?s about time! He?s also one of the kindest guys around. But the most important is his fabulous music...
HERE IS HIS UPDATES:
1. Our next Portland show will be a special one. It will be at Dante?s on Saturday, March 19th, 9PM. Here?s why it stands out: first of all, we have just filmed our first music video for "Before Kings," the new single as heard on 105.1 "The Buzz." We plan on showing it to our fans first at this show on the big screen that Dante?s is providing for us! The footage turned out great thanks to Mark Hemmingway and Ross, who are incredible film makers. They really put their heart, soul and passion into the shoot. Also, Russian model Natasha Milushkina, (who has been featured recently in the Oregonian), did a great job in the video! We are in the editing stage as we speak and it?s turning out great!
In addition to that, some of my favorite musicians are learning THEIR favorite Geoff Byrd song and then plan to play a stripped down version at the show, ie: acoustic, piano, percussion. I am humbled that they want to do it and I consider it an honor. I am really looking forward to their interpretations actually. This first set will include special guests Michael Page and Josh Millman from the Superficials as well as Jimmy and Mike Collins from Red Sector. Justin Hopkins might make it out as well.
We also intend on breaking out a brand new original song called "Shrinking Violets." The band and I are excited about this new song and we can?t wait to debut it for you! Tickets will be available very soon! $8 advance and $10 at the door through Ticketswest. Get there early.
2. For those of you who are in the L.A. area, we are back to do a show. Come see us play at The Gig in Hollywood on Friday, March 4th, @ 8PM. It?s been a while since we?ve been down in the area and we are looking forward to doing this show with our new friends Teksture. I can?t wait! right now I am craving Chinese food at Chin Chin on the Sunset Strip! I will be making frequent trips I think...
More info on these gigs and the venues at: www.geoffbyrd.com then click on "shows"
3. We have been offered National Distribution from Universal and a record contract from a sub-label called "Granite Records!" We are excited about this offer and I will let you know all about it if we go this route.
4. We may also be going on tour in April and May in 15 cities! That is an exciting prospect...I?ll let you know if and when that happens.
5. We are going to be on the cover of Unsigned Magazine in March with a full article so look for that: http://www.unsignedmusicmag.com/archive.htm
6. There is a national Japanese paper doing a story on us, which is cool because I want to play Tokyo sometime soon. Maybe this will get us there quicker!
I will let you know all about our National Release as it gets closer. Meanwhile, things are VERY good and we thank you for the support. I appreciate all the emails. I DO read all of them and I respond in person.
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soon the National version of the record (which will include 3 new songs and the video) will be available in stores all over the country! But for now, you can find our CD, "Candy Shell" at Tower Records in Portland or have it delivered to you anywhere in the world by ordering it online at: www.geoffbyrd.com
Music and passion baby, Geoff.
PS: thanks for making the web board so active. I appreciate that and I DO read all entries.